Looking for Short Story Beta Readers
I figured I'd do this on my blog, rather than one social media post, because it'll make it easier to share multiple times on different platforms.
I'm looking for Beta Readers for a short story I've written.
Here's the basic info:
- It's only a few pages long--just under 1,400 words.
- It's dark, like most things I write.
- It's influenced, in part, by the famous SciFi short story, 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream' by Harlan Ellison.
- It's written utilizing the uncommon and very new to English singular 'they' pronoun.
- It's a draft, meaning the story is complete, but I'm at the point where I need to gather feedback before I can make it better.
- I'm looking for avid scifi/fantasy/horror readers to take a look!
If you're interested, drop me a line via whatever means you have to contact me! Or, Drop a comment on this blog post and we'll figure out how to get in touch! I'll get you the password to read the story here: https://storygoggles.com/beta-readers/
Feel free to share this with other people you know who might be interested!
Not sure how to beta read?
My beta reads are usually pretty simple. I want you to read the story and enjoy it like you would any other story. After that, I'll have a few simple questions for you, and you can be as brief or lengthy as you'd like! And, if you want to, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to get reactionary comments in the margins after you read it. Those help me see how you're reading the story! I am NOT looking for an editor to mess with spelling, grammar, paragraphing, or any of the nitty gritty details at this stage. I appreciate the desire, but often after a beta read, I rewrite whole sections. The graphic below is great for learning how to give excellent and constructive beta reader feedback.